The Adaptation program is designed to enhance the vitality of English-speaking minority communities for health and social services in the province of Quebec through the Roadmap for Canada’s Official Languages 2013-2018: Education, Immigration, Communities. This initiative is being undertaken in partnership with the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux (MSSS). REISA receives project funding from Region 6: Improving access to services in English in Montreal.
Objectives for the Adaptation Initiative 2014-2018:
- Identifying potential ways of improving access to services in English, especially at the frontline level
- Assessing the impact of initiatives aimed at increasing access to services in English.
- Helping improve the organization of programs and services to enhance language access to services for the English-speaking population.
- Helping make information and communication documents accessible to the English-speaking population in connection with programs and services.
- Helping keep the English-speaking population better informed of access to services in English and to the programs and services intended for them.
- Adaptation and development of training tools intended for the English-speaking clientele and for those working with this clientele